Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

I bought a puppy, it just turned 6weeks and due for its shots soon. But it hasn't been dewormed yet should I be concerned?

Yes you definitely should be. You shouldn't have been sold a 6 week old dog as it is required that all dogs (apart from some breeds which can be sold at 7 weeks) are sold at at least 8 weeks old. And if he/she hasn't had any vaccinations, you should be even more concerned. I would take him/her to the vet ASAP and ask to get all vaccinations done that are required. You can also buy a packet of deworming tablets from the supermarket (before you take him/her to the vet) and if the packet says 1/2 a tablet for a puppy aged 2-4 months, either give him/her a 1/4 or a 1/2 of a tablet depending on the size of him/her. Hope my answer was some help to you and good luck with your new puppy.

You will be when you also become infected with roundworm and wonder why

Check with the vet, a 6 week old puppy is too young for vaccinations.

Yes, it's concerning as it sounds like you bought the dog from an idiot. Take it to a veterinarian now. Keep it in your lap or in a carrier until it's your turn to go to the back. That puppy should still be with it's mother and is at high risk for "everything" ...especially parvo and parasites.