How long to blanch very tiny carrots then pan fry for how long?

How long should i blanch a carrot about this size 5cm long and about 1cm in width?

I will be pan frying straight after, how long should i give them?

I am a student chef and was told by my chef teacher i should give them about 1 minute blanch time and 30 seconds in the pan? however i have tried this at home and it did not seem to work for me.

Favorite Answer

The 1 minute blanch and 30 seconds in the pan will yield a pretty crunchy carrot. 

If that is what happened increase the blanch time to 1 minute and then test one with the tip of a knife increase the pan time until they are tender to the tip of the knife. 

The little carrots are NOT baby carrots they are full size carrots that have been cut down so they are going to be firmer than a true baby carrot. 

This is a good example why recipe times are a guide you should always use your senses. And you cook for your family one way you cook for food service another but common sense should prevail, if a carrot is not done then increase the cook time. Continue to test so they are not mush though

A minimum of an hour and a half

• denise

Try and double the time the teacher told you and see how you go, You can always add more time if needed.