Hello fellow gamers, am I the only adult gamer?

I'm 33 and on my days off I enjoy some good quality gaming.  I have a nice size 4k tv, been gaming since I was a kid. It's fun it keeps me entertained. Am I the only adult gamer or are there others?  Also, I'm looking for some gamer friends please leave a Gamertag if you like.

Favorite Answer

No, but you will feel like you are the only one on this website, as it is inundated with bored kiddies.  I'm old school retro, since the home computer era basically, games room in my house and a room of software. I still play games / mod consoles but I feel more disassociated with the current gen than ever before, sorry I don't publish my tags in public

• MindSpam3 weeks agoReport

I havent really looked at this section much in recent weeks tbh, the last I used it - 3 year old questions were on the feed for some reason

Although you've already picked the best answer, there are actually a lot of adults, much older than you are, who play games. Go see who all is playing Pokemon Go. Where I live there's a woman who is seventy nine years of age, that loves to come out with her daughter and grandson that also plays. My generation was at the very beginnings of video games with Pong in 1974. Some of us doubled as video gamers, and as pinball rounders. I'm nearly sixty two now, and split my time between answering questions and playing Pokemon Go.

However the woman that's seventy nine, isn't an exception, as there are others into their eighties that enjoys video games of different types. The fact is that if you used the age of twenty one as the thresh hold of what would be considered a legal adult in the U.S. or old enough to buy alcohol and firearms, those twenty and younger, would be about twenty percent.

I co-host a podcast called Nintendo Dads.  We are all gamers who grew up gaming and raising the next generation of gamers.  Our primary audience are all adults (may not have kids, but that's fine) who are also gamers.

You aren't alone.  It just isn't talked much about in public unless you look for a community where you can openly discuss what you are playing, etc.

The average age of a gamer is 30 year old. Approximately 40% of gamers are between the ages of 18 - 35 years old. 21% of gamers consist of those below the ages of 18, while those between the ages of 36 - 49 years old make up 18%. Oddly enough those over the age of 50 also make up 21% of gamers.

Video games are mainly directed to adult audiences becuase that's where most of the money comes from. Video game developers and publishers make more money off of the adult demographic then those of the younger audiences.