Is the number 11:11 bad luck? should you not start things at 11:11am or 11:11pm?

A family member left to go on a trip today and it turned out they left just at 11:11. I ve heard 11:11 is a bad omen or unlucky number should I be worried for them?

• Joe

That's funny.  

The peace treaty that ended the "War to end all wars" was signed at the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918.  While that war certainly didn't end all wars, the 11:11 thing don't sound so unlucky to me.

Yes, you've heard about the cosmic / magic power of 11:11 online.  But that's the same place where you 'heard' about the legend of the slender guy, the curse that follows every Ouija board, and that Gene Simmons is actually as bald as a Christmas turkey.  And since all of those have turned out to be total bull shift, what does that tell you?

Do you know what a superstition is?  It's something that everyone knows is totally true, but not one person knows how they know it.

I've heard it's lucky, honestly. I've heard you're supposed to make a wish on 11:11. How is the luck affected in different time zones? What about day light savings time? Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• Lôn

Superstitious claptrap!

i wouldnt worry about it, but maybe you should get help for your ocd if youre thinking like that