how do you face the fear of facing life today?

i get very nervous and anxious a lot, it's all fear based with me..just fear about life now that; we don't know whats coming next?  whats next to come around the corner?

anything could befall us at any time, a health tragedy, some other bad news or tragedy........i'm a male in my early forties, i have a terrible anxiety disorder and ptsd too, i live alone in a flat living a lonely solitary existence....i only have my elderly dad and mother for support, they two live far from me........i go to the gym a few times a week to swim, to keep fit.

but how can we handle the fear of facing day to day life now, when the world/society is changing fast and anything could happen?...i am not a person who likes modern times at all.

how can you face fear of what could happen in life?

Favorite Answer

This is exactly the same for everyone and even if you know what's going to happen tomorrow, something might derail it so you can't be prepared. Therefore it's not worth bothering about. You sound a very pessimistic person. All these fears are about some sort of horrible disaster happening. Why is that? Nice things also happen in life. Perhaps tomorrow something absolutely wonderful might happen. Does that give you the same anxiety. See a counsellor and find out why it is that your subconscious mind keeps throwing up these pessimistic ideas. Perhaps it has something to do with your ptsd - and THAT should definitely be sorted out for you as it's affecting your life.

• nanu

not.......................

Marilyn Manson’s dogs are barking at you

Death is inevitable, adversity is inevitable. This is all part of life's rich tapestry.

Sorrow, heartache, anger, excitement, boredom, illness,  anxiety, terror, loneliness and duplicity are all challenges we all have to deal with at times in our lives.

You either choose to face and deal with life with a sense of humour and a smile on your face or you are dead already.

Update: Harsh? Not really. Pragmatic? Certainly.

Pray to GOD for your answer! 

I have a coz. that joined a Shaker Village.  Could you possible enjoy life as they do it?  You would have all of them around you, wanting to help you! 

With GOD comes real LOVE and lots more meanings in life! 

• tony

ow yourself to sit with your fear for 2-3 minutes at a time. Breathe with it and say, “It's okay. ...

Write down the things you are grateful for. ...

Remind yourself that your anxiety is a storehouse of wisdom. ...

Exercise. ...

Use humor to deflate your worst fears.Fear and anxiety are like kidnappers that hold you captive, holding you back from the full, free life you could be living. The stranglehold on your life will typically get worse over time, if left unchecked.

• Rick

You need help with your anxiety because it's interfering with your life.  I have anxiety issues as well so I know what it's like.  Medications and talk therapy work for me and they'll help you too.