Do you have any personal (not read) interpretations of the story of the new wine and new wine skins in the bible?

If I wanted to read a traditional scholarly view I would read it

What do YOU think of this story?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

God interprets as He reveals from heaven (John 3:27)!

You can't worship under two Covenants e.g. in a belief of a water baptism "believing that Jesus is coming" (Acts 19:4) as though He didn't come (Acts 1:2; 2:2-4) as Promised (John 14:18).

You can't set up tables as they did under the "FIRST COVENANT" (Hebrews 9:1-2) as you "trodden under foot the Son of God" (Hebrews 10:29).

You can't believe in a 3 in 1 god or a trinity when there has NEVER been a trinity mentioned in Scripture but rather

>>>ONE SELFSAME SPIRIT"<<< (I Corinthians 12:11-12) who is 

>>>"DIVERSITIES OF OPERATION"<<< (I Corinthians 12:6) as GOD SAID in Deuteronomy 6:4!

Mixing the Old with the New, the "skins" will burst as you "trodden under foot the Son of God" (Hebrews 10:29) and are in "UNBELIEF" (Revelation 21:8) 

Of "THE BLOOD of His Son Jesus Christ who cleanses us from all sins" (I John 1:7).

"Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin" (Hebrews 12:4)! 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

That's why Jesus Christ formed The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints instead of trying to reform an existing church.

• Doug
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Save yourself some time. The old wine skins are the Old Covenant and the Law of Moses. The new wine skins are the New Covenant and the grace of Jesus Christ. The two are not compatible, since the old system was merely temporary and not capable of saving a soul, while the new system will remain until the end of time and through the grace of Jesus Christ, is truly capable of saving souls.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

This is one of the easiest questions in Christianity.

When you are to receive a clean spirit you need to be a new creation.

There are plenty of worship songs about this so how, on earth, you could give best answer to that drivel is almost unbelievable?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

This is a reference to new disciples being burdened with the service of those disciples who are on the meat that they be not discouraged. 

• 4 weeks ago

Are you suggesting "alternative truth", which might differ from what is suggested by the Gospel System coming in fulfillment of the OT Levitical system? Jer. 31:31, Matt. 26:28.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.