Can people find out where you currently work using your social security number or license number?

I know that employers ask for this information in order to do background checks.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Unless your car is registered using your work address the DMV wouldn't have that info. But if someone had access to the IRS database they could probably find this.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I can't speak for other people.  I can locate your SS number by searching your name.  That leads to your employer.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes. A background check can bring up current information.

• Brian3 weeks agoReport

So would someone need both of my social security card number and driver's license number in order to do a background check? 

• 3 weeks ago

No, not unless you are the FBI with access to classified data base information. One's social security number on job applications does not give a prospective employer access to information on your past jobs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Frank
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

The only people authorized to have your SSN is an employer. "People" in general SHOULD NOT HAVE ACCESS. The same is true for your license. SS doesn't not care or record where you work per se...they just want the MONEY from your employer...if you are an "offical" employee.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No they can't..

• 3 weeks ago

Using your social security number will reveal everything about you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.