pearlmar asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

If you use a "weighted blanket", does it really work?

• Tavy
    Favorite Answer

Pearl, it's another fad. Before duvets we used blankets, it's the same thing. Think back, I had about 4 of them in the winter.

UK

I have autism and ADHD and it works for me and for many neurodiverse people I know. I have a full sized weighted blanket on my bed and a smaller weighted lap pad to use in my wheelchair. An occupational therapist specialising in autism assessed me and recommended I try them. The other people that have answered appear to be neurotypical so they probably don't need one.

There isn't enough research except by the companies who make them. Of course their main concern is selling them. Though it may possibly have some type of benefits.

I’ve never tried one but the commercials say it works but they could be saying that to sell the product

For years, the big-buck bed covers were "warmth without weight", ie non-binding comfort.  Now someone comes-up with the gimmick that heavy coverings make you sleep better.  Go with whichever you prefer - I choose light-weight.