Spyro asked in SportsWrestling · 4 weeks ago

Katsuyori Shibata or KENTA, in their prime?

Who was a better grappler?

Who had more form in their striking?

Who was a harder striker?

Who had better technique?

Who was tougher and could take greater punishment?

Who had better stamina and conditioning?

Who was stronger?

Who was better and more diverse at wrestling wrestlers with different styles?

Who was better at the puro shoot style?

Who had the better speed and quickness, with their attacks and running speed?

Who could work and build the Japanese audience and making them pop, in a match?

Who had the better charisma?

Who was better at selling?

Who was harder to pin and submit?

Who had better agility?

Who produced better matches?

who had better psychology?

Who do you think would win in a MMA match between the 2?

Favorite Answer

Who was a better grappler? Shibata really stepped up is game in his last active years since touring in the UK, I'll go with him.

Who had more form in their striking? I'll go with KENTA but not by much.

Who was a harder striker? Slighly Shibata imo.

Who had better technique? Hard to say.

Who was tougher and could take greater punishment? Shibata had more mass, i'll go with him.

Who had better stamina and conditioning? KENTA, he was the lighter of the two and the most agile.

Who was stronger? Shibata.

Who was better and more diverse at wrestling wrestlers with different styles? Hard to say. KENTA was better and high flying offenses while Shibata was the better grapple.

Who was better at the puro shoot style? I'll go with Shibata for that one.

Who had the better speed and quickness, with their attacks and running speed? KENTA.

Who could work and build the Japanese audience and making them pop, in a match? I would have to rewatch KENTA's NOAH matches to answer that one. I think both could work a crowd pretty well.

Who had the better charisma? Shibata

Who was better at selling? Hard to say.

Who was harder to pin and submit? Hard to say. Both was most protected as champs.

Who had better agility? KENTA

Who produced better matches? Really could go either way depending on your preferences.

who had better psychology? Both had great psychology, I want to give a slightly edge to Shibata but don't recall KENTA ever had bad psychology in his prime.

Who do you think would win in a MMA match between the 2? Shibata. Some might not know this but Shibta was actually a former MMA fighter competing against some of the best in Japan, of course Shibata is the most experienced of the two. KENTA might have a legit kickboxing background but that's still not enough.

I wish I could have put better explanations for this question but it was pretty late by the time I answered this and was a bit tired. Lol.

• Spyro3 weeks agoReport

I'm wondering how is KENTA's work in NJPW? I thought about watching recent matches of his.

Kenta in his prime.