If Trump wanted Ukraine to "investigate corruption", why is the word "corruption" in NONE of his phone calls?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Because he wasn't interested in corruption.  Trump didn't care about any instances of potential corruption in Ukraine except for what could theoretically be linked to his political opponents.  This was entirely a Trump reelection project.

• Ann
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Where do you get that he wanted to investigate corruption? He wanted to make sure that the new guy was what he said he was. Once he knew that, he not only gave Ukraine the money that was there, he gave them more. I know you Dems just like to throw money at things but 32K that was given to the previous Ukrainian administration just disappeared. I don't know about you, but I work pretty hard for those taxes. I'd like it to be used properly--if we have to give them any money at all.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

How do you  know ? did  you listen in ??

• 4 weeks ago

The only corruption happening is in Trump's so-called "administration", most of whom are behind bars right now which is where he belongs!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Chris
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Perhaps Trump did not want to bias or make presumptions about the outcome.

• 4 weeks ago

Corruption is a general term. It's seldom used to refer to specific cases in which details about the nature of the corruption are known.

Besides, your statement just as easily applies to "bribery" and "extortion".

• 4 weeks ago

Huh, "bribery" and "extortion" were conspicuously missing as well. Case closed, Trump is clearly innocent of the false charges.

• 4 weeks ago

And if a President wants to investigate corruption, does he do it personally or ask the DOJ or State Department about it?

And if a President wants to investigate corruption, what kind of corruption?

And if a President wants to investigate corruption, shouldn't he be open to investigation of ANYONE's corruption, and not just his principal opponent in an upcoming election?

• Ann
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

I think he actually says it to the guy he's talking to. "Hey, you're not corrupt, are you? No? Good they money is on its way. So, do you watch football?"

• 4 weeks ago

If he wanted to bribe somebody why isn't the world bribery in any of his phone calls?

• Jason
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Was it in Joe Biden's?

• Ann
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

You mean the one in which Biden brags about his quid pro quo?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.