Can a parent not resemble their daughter at all including her two grandchildren?

My grandmother on my mothers side, does not look at all like my mother, nothing. She mentioned some personality traits but thats from being around the person. My mother looks exactly like her father, I should mention, my grandpa is of Russian ansystry. And my mother looks like she is French or Spanish(Spain), but her mother has some black blood as well. My mother has none of this. My brother and I look nothing like our grandmother.

Can my mother have a different mom, my grandpa did mess around a lot before he married my grandmother. Also my family is very catholic, I always thought she could be one of my aunts illegtimate daughters and my grandfather took her in as he was the oldest to hide this, if I test my moms blood and lets say its not a match to her mom, how do you find out who it is?

• Foofa

Anything's possible and genetics is often a crap shoot. But what makes a family a family is that they function as each other's wingmen, they love and support one another and they don't need a blood relationship to do that. So tread carefully because intriguing as it might be to uncover some old family secret you could disturb the balance all these people have achieved in terms of behaving like they should.

You hire someone who will track DNA.

I look EXACTLY like my dad - blonde, blue eyes, fair complexion.

My sister looks EXACTLY like my mother - dark hair, brown eyes.

I'm interested in how YOU plan to test your mother's blood.

i think its possible, my brother looks like my grandfather and not any of us so it happens

• y

Taking in and hiding the "illegitimate" children of another was common at certain points in history.  So what you are asking is possible. Grandma took in granddads kid and raised them as their own. Or, you could be seeing or not seeing things that are or are not there. The only way to know for sure would be DNA. Without it, you can never know for sure, so just tow the family line.

Certainly!  We not only have genes from both of our parents, then there are all their parents and  grand parents Genes!  Sometimes ones face may slowly just change its shape. I do not understand how this could be. Yet I have seen it.  Maybe GOD did it?