how to get rid of jealousy in the entertainment industry?

im in the entertainment industry(I use a fake name on here as well to protect who I am though) and im 17 turning 18 and I have this problem where im jealous of others who have started their careers earlier than me. people who have been having this career since 8 or 12 etc. I know its not the norm and not every kid is like this and I should  be lucky for what I have but I cant get over feeling jealous over the people who perhaps have a career at 12 or something rather that be a acting career or singing etc. one 15 year old produced or executive produced a movie (you can easily look this up) and I know some teens younger than me or who were younger than me (like they were younger than me but theyre older than me now, theyre from the 70s) with record deals and it urks me a little with jealousy. I know it sounds bad but please help me. thank you

• 1 day ago

The word is 'irks', not 'urks'.

Though I agree 'urks' looks more fun.

• 1 week ago

If jealousy  is part of your personality as it is with many of us, regardless of what industry you’re in you’re going to find it in that industry. Entertainment isn’t exempt from that. Even though you might think it should be because It’s a creative endeavor. But people still want to be ‘better’ than others even if it’s a creative endeavor I guess. So there’s still competition. Silly human games...right?

Shoot 'em. Shoot 'em all. Every last one of 'em. Just like you'd do in a movie. Otherwise, go for a yogurt and relax. Your life seems not too bad right now. Blueberry yogurt is very soothing and relaxing. Lots of it. Enjoy. Relax.

• Mark

Cogito is right. It's in your head. No one will EVER be the person you are, and vice versa. Let go of the need to compare with other people; you are not on their trajectory. Blaze your own trail. Use their success to inspire you, instead of judging.

Stop looking for the approval of man. Because if you set your Hope in man you will be brutally disappointed and let down everytime. Humans are imperfect. Stop trying to please everybody else. 

Stop comparing yourself to others. You are not them and they are not you. Every humans walk is different.

I have a huge problem with the entertainment industry because who are you trying to please? Everybody else. Everybody but yourself and God. People who will love you one day and switch up the next. 

The entertainment industry is like slavery. You’re a slave to everybody else. Simply doing satans work. 

If you work vigilantly and are truly dedicated you can achieve anything you want.. but just make sure it will all be worth it in the end. Will success in the worlds eyes truly bring inner happiness? Will material things truly settle that unhappiness and jealousy in your heart? 

The entertainment industry is a lonely unfulfilling road. You will spend your entire life looking in peoples approval, how many views you got, new cars and amazing mansions... but you will never find internal happiness. 

I advise you to examine your path. When you’re laying on your death bed.. how much of what you seek right now and through the entertainment industry will truly matter? 

Live for things that matter. 

• Cogito

The jealousy isn't in the industry - it's just in your head.

And you're wasting your time and energy on pointless envy.

Being jealous achieves nothing at all.

Anyone who is serious about being part of the entertainment industry wouldn't waste their energy on jealousy, as there will always be people who are more talented, luckier, wealthier, with better connections than they have.

Starting a career earlier doesn't make any difference anyway, in 99.9% of cases.

Most child actors and performers have quit by the age of 15 or 16.  Most of the rest turn out to be very weak as adult actors or singers.

You just need to grow up and not look to blame your lack of success on others who have been luckier, or to compare yourself with the tiny number of people who are doing better than you.

You have noticed by now that a lot of child actors don't then go on to become adult actors.

Stay in the game, and don't blow your money on drugs, and you could grow up to be better off than Lindsay Lohan.