Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 9 months ago

Credit card question?

I misplaced my debit card yesterday (found it after) so I was at the store I had to use a credit card. I spent $70. Should I pay it now or wait until the due date?

Asking because I am right at 30% utilization with my other cards so i don't want the balance to go up and hurt my score before then.

Favorite Answer

Wait until the due date, pay the entire balance to avoid interest charges. Then pay off the balances of your other cards and don’t carry a balance on a credit card ever again, paying interest is a waste of money. Get on a budget to find out how much money you have available to pay down debt. Finally, start saving for future purchases to avoid interest payments.

WAIT for the cc bill, review it, and pay within terms.

Doesn't really make a difference.  The $70 charge if you pay it now won't likely get reported to the credit bureaus but they will still report you 'pay as agrees' which is what you want.

• dman63

Pay it off now.  You should never let credit card balances sit.