I don't agree with spanking kids, is that weird for a latina woman?

I'm latina and don't agree with corporal punishment on children. I vowed to myself to never spank/hit my future kids.

For personal reasons, I just chose not to follow this worthless tradition, which taught me nothing. I feel I've learnt absolutely nothing from it. No, I'm not one bit thankful for it...no thanks.

It's been a long time that I became westernized. 

Favorite Answer

Im a Latino and I would never. My father struck me and my brothers and it messed us all up. There's no point, all it did was make us afraid.

• Mark

Nô,

Spanking has never proven to actully wrk

& som xperts even claim it does the xact

opposit of the goal it's trying to achėivė :/

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

• Justin

'Modern enlightened tolerant parents' are watching their children die from drug overdoses alone at a rate of one every eight minutes. 

You can discipline your children properly or life will do it for you. 'Opting out' isn't an actual choice.

"He who withholds his rod hates his son, 

But he who loves him disciplines him diligently." (Proverbs 13:24).

Are YOU an opioid addict yourself?

Ask yourself honestly why not. The answer might surprise you if you are truly honest with yourself. 

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." (Hebrews 12:11). 

1"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER (which is the first commandment with a promise), 3SO THAT IT MAY BE WELL WITH YOU, AND THAT YOU MAY LIVE LONG ON THE EARTH." (Ephesians 6:1-3). 

• melba4 weeks agoReport

I used to drink just to get drunk on the weekends....drinking for no reason basically but to help my depression.

Mexicans don't spank their kids either. So no.

I agree with strict discipline.