How do I get rid of these feelings that I want to be a woman out of my head? Am I just lonely? Will these feelings go away when I get a gf?

Ever since I was 14 (I'm 37 now) I have had feelings that I am in the wrong body. I started wearing women's lingerie and it felt like I was in the right body. However, I stopped because my aunt caught me wearing her bra and beat me with a belt and called me "a disgusting pervert" Lately I started wearing lingerie again and even bought fake breastforms. I love cross dressing. I feel that I am in the right body when I wear lingerie, I fight everyday to get the feelings that I want to be a woman out of my head. I told my other aunt who is a little less conservative (or least I thought) and she said "OH honey you are just lonely. These feelings will go away once you get a gf." I've had gf's before and these feelings are still there. I really want to transition though. I think I would be a lot happier. However, parts of me feels that I will lose everything.

Favorite Answer

So basically you have lived 23 years "in the closet," and you want to know if you have my permission to transition into being female? Well child, you have my permission.  Look outside your family for help.  You will never get help from them.  In the end they will have to make up their own minds if they prefer to live without you or not.  You will gain other friends who will help you through this transition and who will love and care for you.  You have to be brave and at least do some investigation into this option of transition.  I  wish you well.   Male or female, you are loved. 

• dj

Those feelings are ok, but buy the clothes you need instead of borrowing them.

You typed all of this one-handed didn't you. I don't believe a word of it, except that you have a sexual fetish for cross dressing. I don't care if you cut your d!ck off but I will never consider you a woman.

Maybe u possessed by a woman. Rebuke the lady who possess u

a) the feelings will never go away.  b) You wouldn't be a lot happier.  Frequently it makes things worse c) You would lose a lot that you currently take for granted.  d) All those trappings that you refer to are artificial and not an intrinsic part of being a female. 

It's a mental illness. Don't worry. All men have the same symptoms. If it's not gender dysphoria, then psychopathy or prophesy. Animals have neither of these. It's just pertaining to men so it must be a mental illness.