Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 weeks ago

My brother was a serial killer. How do I stop blaming myself for his evil?

I feel when people see me they immediately associate me with him and therefore I must live in shame. I even thought of changing my last name but I did not as it’s locally known and even was a national news. He’s dead now but I still think I’m associated with the crime years later.

He was guilty of shooting up his school and then killing himself. My family has lived in shame for 20 years now. The shooting in California this week open pain and me as do any of these as they bring back the feelings of what my brother Dad. I often wish my brother had never been born.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

I’m so very sorry about that, it must suck!

Consider therapy and also stand up for yourself. If you hear anyone talk shít about you because of it simply say “it was my brother , I had nothing to do with it ! Get your facts straight before spreading around harmful gossip” and leave it at that. People like that deserve to be humiliated for their horrible behaviour!

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

by realizing youre not the one that did it

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

OH BOOO ******* HOOOO!!!!!! Screw the people who got killed by him and his family, because you're the one who truly has it bad. You poor little baby. It's not like the world doesn't revolve around you.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

The Bible states that we are all here being tested. 

With all that is happening these days, others are not likely to be thinking of you or your family.  I would never blame you! 

Change your name and move to a town where you would not be known. You are not your bothers cause, you are innocent, as the first Amendment and others give us!

Pray to God for help and relief here! Do this each day, to stop the devil from sneaking back in on you. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Helen
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Have you considered counselling?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.