is british culture vanishing as this recent video says?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgGs5pyS4Gg

Youtube thumbnail

that videos headline is ; britains vanishing culture and character;  and it has caused me to be worried.

i hear many people say that the government have imported the 3rd world here due to mass immigration from the 3rd world, and that is the reason why the old britain is vanishing and its culture is vanishing?

i'm a native british male and generation x and i want to know is britain, its culture and people fading away as these videos and people are claiming?

i'm really depressed and worried about it.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

When was the last time you went to the opera? Went morris dancing? Do you attend church every Sunday? Have you *ever* watched television or listened to the 'wireless' as he calls it?

Have you ever eaten a pizza? Celebrated Halloween? Worn jeans? They are foreign. *YOU* are the cause of the degeneration of British culture because YOU are not keeping it alive.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Anonymous has said it all "The issue is,  is that  you worry about anything because this is how you spend your life.

Worrying about unimportant videos on YouTube and telling us. When what you should really be worrying about is building a more fulfilling and meaningful life for yourself."

Apart from "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" YOUR parents are immigrants, so you are the product of immigrants..difference between you and other products of immigrants is they work, earn, pay in and are productive to society ... you sit and do nothing getting benefits for everything

• Biff
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

You really should stop treating YouTube as a reliable source of information. If you were really worried about the impact of Third World immigration on British culture you wouldn't continue to live in an area where there are so many immigrants.

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Theodore Dalrymple is a disgrace to both the medical profession and the prison service.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Culture changes all the time, if it doesn't it's moribund and not fit for purpose. Put it this way, if culture didn't change we'd all be serfs in a feudal system.

• 3 weeks ago

Change is inevitable. Has nothing to do with immigration. But everything to do with politics and modern times. Same as everywhere else.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

The issue is,  is that  you worry about anything because this is how you spend your life. 

Worrying about unimportant videos on YouTube and telling us. When what you should really be worrying about is building a more fulfilling and meaningful life for yourself.

• Life changes. Culture changes. You can't go back to the 1950s - it's no longer there.  Our present culture includes elements of the cultures of many people who have come to this country from abroad, just as the culture you're yearning to return to included elements of previous immigration.

• 3 weeks ago

Meh, maybe, more accurate to say it's changing as culture does.  Besides, in this day and age any currently existing culture is near forever preserved in movies, books and of course the internet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.