Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 3 weeks ago

Could this be polyps, cancer, or the result of impacted stool?

I have been dealing with chronic constipation and laxatives are of no help and sometimes make things even worse. My poop use to be a healthy size but now it's smaller and sometimes come out broken up. If I eat raisin brand before bed my poop is normal for a few days then goes back to being small. I have no bleeding or pain at all, bloating is the biggest issue, I am very thin and my stomach has a Pudge that wasn't there before this problem began. Certain foods also cause me to end up extremely bloated even small snacks. I am going to get checked out soon but it's giving me anxiety because I don't know if it's something life threatening, if so I will NOT be getting treatment. There's also certain foods like oatmeal that will give me a bowel movement within 30 or so minutes. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Rather than continuing to deal with your anxiety, CALL THE DOCTOR TOMORROW and make an appointment to see him/her. You should see a gastroenterologist unless you need a referral from a your primary care physician first. A gastroenterologist will ask a lot of questions and then probably want to do a colonoscopy. A colonoscopy will rule out polyps and colon cancer (both of which are unlikely at your age), which should ease your mind.

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Well I guess there is just no helping stupid

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

you do not have any of those

• k w
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

another one, who needs to read; Grain Brain, the TV won't tell you, the quacks won't either......read it......

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

It is always best to see a physician for advice, but I am guessing that you don't get enough fiber in your diet. Foods like bran, oats, and other whole grains help bulk up your poop and may be the answer - as you have already experienced. Also, be sure to eat several servings of fruits and vegetables daily.

PS: It is unlikely you have any type of cancer since you are not bleeding - and even bleeding may simply be due to hemorrhoids or an anal fissure (cut) in your excretory system.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.