How to deal with someone who is practically obsessed with you online?

I used to be friends with this guy who I met online. We would always enjoy chatting and he was always really sweet. But then things started to get weird when he told me that he was madly in love with me. I didn't think much of it at first. Then he told me about his fantasies of how he wanted to get married to me and then live with him in a remote cabin in the woods. I was getting a little freaked out... as you can imagine. I mean, this guy had only been texting me in the meantime and we had maybe video chatted at least 2 times. So, I started to ignore him. Then he started to get clingy. Now, he's texting me EVERY DAY, saying 'Hello?' or 'Are you okay?'. He even goes to think sometimes that I have hurt and/or killed myself... and is relieved to find out I haven't? This guy is really starting to scare me because I don't know if he's suffering from some sort of mental illness. Is there a way to deal with people like this? What could I say to him?

• Foofa

There's a reason every mode of online communication provides the ability to block other users. Clearly this person has severe problems. So maybe try to urge him into treatment before you block him on everything.

• Rowan

Is there anything wrong with him, I mean apart from having a crush on you? He's just lonely. You wait long enough without sex, you can fall in love with a bad resolution internet avatar. If they make you wait long enough. 

It's called telling him you're not interested. You don;t just let it slide when someone tells you they're madly in love with you.