drivers window won't go down but motor runs when you press button?

Need window regulator. They come with cables and motor depends to car.

You borked it.

• Bort

The window is out of the track or the belt that moves the track broke. The interior plate has to come off completely to get inside the door panels to even look at it. I'm very mechanically inclined and even I let a shop do this kind of work. It's a pain in the - - -. And there's sometimes all kinds of sound proofing and plastic and insulation behind the interior panel that has to come off and be replaced that will rip and destroy if you sneeze on it.

There's also a chance of breaking the window.

Risks I don't take because if I attempted and things don't go perfectly I'd have to spend more than it would cost a shop to fix this kind of thing in replacing parts that broke DIY.

Having this fixed at a shop won't be extremely expensive and if they destroy anything they're responsible for replacing it for free.

Something has probably fallen off

• REV B

The cable is broken, only choice is seek out a mechanic. 

The mechanism has become detached so remove the door panel and repair.

New parts may be required. 

Replace the window regulator. The cable has broken or one of the pulleys broke.

Watch a youtube video for replacing the window regulator on your vehicle.

I buy all my parts at Advance Auto and their window regulators always fit and have the correct wiring harness connector when replacing the motor with the regulator.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
    • Ron
      3 weeks agoReport

The motor drives the regulator

Regulator is likely bad.  Remove the door panel and inspect.  Easy fix.

Things break.  You either fix them yourself, have someone else fix them, or live with them the way they are.  Sorry, no magic cures or spells here.

Then the linkage between motor and window is faulty. You'll see this inside the door.

• FOXY Di
      3 weeks agoReport

Exactly. The linkage whereby an arm is detached.