drivers window won't go down but motor runs when you press button?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Need window regulator. They come with cables and motor depends to car.

• 3 weeks ago

You borked it.

• Bort
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

The window is out of the track or the belt that moves the track broke. The interior plate has to come off completely to get inside the door panels to even look at it. I'm very mechanically inclined and even I let a shop do this kind of work. It's a pain in the - - -. And there's sometimes all kinds of sound proofing and plastic and insulation behind the interior panel that has to come off and be replaced that will rip and destroy if you sneeze on it.

There's also a chance of breaking the window.

Risks I don't take because if I attempted and things don't go perfectly I'd have to spend more than it would cost a shop to fix this kind of thing in replacing parts that broke DIY.

Having this fixed at a shop won't be extremely expensive and if they destroy anything they're responsible for replacing it for free.

• 3 weeks ago

Something has probably fallen off

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • REV B
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The cable is broken, only choice is seek out a mechanic. 

• 3 weeks ago

The mechanism has become detached so remove the door panel and repair.

New parts may be required. 

• 3 weeks ago

Replace the window regulator. The cable has broken or one of the pulleys broke.

Watch a youtube video for replacing the window regulator on your vehicle.

I buy all my parts at Advance Auto and their window regulators always fit and have the correct wiring harness connector when replacing the motor with the regulator.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
    • Ron
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

The motor drives the regulator

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Regulator is likely bad.  Remove the door panel and inspect.  Easy fix.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Things break.  You either fix them yourself, have someone else fix them, or live with them the way they are.  Sorry, no magic cures or spells here.

• 3 weeks ago

Then the linkage between motor and window is faulty. You'll see this inside the door.

• FOXY Di
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

Exactly. The linkage whereby an arm is detached. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.