Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

Landlord said we haven't paid rent in two months sent a threatening letter demanding 4500 within 4 days or vacate but proof we paid ?

Hello everyone I'll cut straight to the point been here for 4 years now paid rent early every single month never ever been late then he sends a certified letter basically stating that he is demandinging 4500 within 4 days or vacate.. Now we know we paid I called him no answer I've called him 47 times since March of this year and 82 messages trying to get ahold of him for issues with his house.. so then I send another text hey your house is on fire fire need you to call right away.. he called within a minute.. then told him house isn't on fire blah blah.. I told him I paid and have receipts he states he's looked at his bank account and it's not there.. I stated we are not those kind of tenants he states yes you are I've had tenants like you great in the beginning  and turn to **** and don't pay me at the end and hangs up... whhhhaatt! Ok long story short I got to the bank next morning pull out a loan for 5k because if I honestly made a honest mistake I have no problem paying him.. then later the bank pulls up all my deposits in his account and sure enough he had alllll of them in his account bank contacts him and lets him know then states oooopss now I'm stuck with this damn loan all because of ooooops idk im stressed out and don't want to live here anymore can I sue him for the load or anything this is not right!!!

TL;DR. if you have proof of payment, let him take you to court and countersue him

• Bort

He needs to prove without any doubt that you didn't pay. If you have legitimate receipts you have the proof you need that it was paid.

Are you able to give the loan back to the bank and cancel it? Especially if it hadn't yet reached the three to five day rule that says you can cancel a contract because you changed your mind no questions asked?! Or maybe for loans that huge, they can make it 10 days! I know for Life Insurance Policies it's like that! 

Source(s): Life and it's difficulties =/ I'm a Life Insurance Agent.
    • SimplytheFACTS

there is no 3-5 day worldwide rule

Pure Bullshi t.  No one is stupid enough not to pull the records before a 5K loan so try harder next time.  

Honest mistake on 2 months of rent??

Oh and dumbasss you should have no loan you took the 5K and paid the bank back because you said he admitted the mistake so he gave you the funds back, right?

Have you tried doubling up on your meds?

I'm not buying your story 😉

I also had problems with my ex landlord regarding money. Sometimes he could not remember if I paid him. I asked him, for something that proves that I paid him, and he refused to give me something on a monthly basis. Sometimes he tried to debate with me about if I paid him, or not. Anyway I think this is because nothing in writing was made to demand proof of payment on a monthly basis.

I paid rent early as well, but that doesn't matter. Sometimes I paid months before I was suppose to pay. I never paid rent late. I think that doesn't matter!!!

It seems to me you don't have a lease that has a clause stating how much notice your landlord should give you before telling you to leave.

I think I was kicked out from where I was living because I broke one my ex landlord's verbal stipulations, for living in his home. Now I am living with a relative. I think it was my fault that I was kicked out. I made a lease, and my ex landlord exploited it. Now I am making a new lease, for someone else to sign, and I am trying to patch up as many loopholes as I can before moving again.

I really don't want to explain myself as to why I am making leases.

I don't know if you made a lease, or your landlord did, and you both signed it.

Baloney...   ....

Asshole has been telling this story using multiple accounts. 

• Tavy

Then pay back the loan in full. Stupid to take it out when your bank would have provided proof you paid.

• Mito2 months agoReport

Got the letter on a thursday I have FOUR DAYS I have no time to play Friday is the last day for the bank and by Monday i needed to get out I did what's best for my family with a new born and a 3 year old you don't take chances you pay it now fight it later