Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 weeks ago

Military PDQ MEPS question?

I have a question for PDQ . My sister got pdq from the marines when she was 22 she then tried navy and got denied again . She never mad it to medical. She just got her degree and she is trying to go Officer and she doesn’t know if she will get pdq again .She is now 29 . The first time Her recruiter turned in paper work from her teen years when our parents were getting divorced and it was put on paper she was depressive but who wouldn’t be . Our parents were getting divorced and she was 13 at the time. Anyway she wants to join really badly . We all grew up in a military household and it was always her goal to Join . 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Jason
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

She's not going anywhere. It is HARDER to get a commission than to enlist. As a rule, if you need a waiver for it to enlist, a commission is out entirely. Besides that, they already have her information on file and know why she was denied enlistment. That standard hasn't changed and as I said, the standard is HIGHER for officers.

The military is not a career option for her.

Source(s): Former USAF flight medic and training manager
  • ?
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

If a person was determined to be PDQ for enlistment into two different military services, they aren't going to be eligible for a commission. The fact that they didn't even make it to the MEPS physical exam means that the problem was something very basic probably in their medical history. The services have access to all previous paperwork of attempts to join the services and multiple previous attempts would raise big red flags.

• 4 weeks ago

Which part of PERMANENT disqualification do you both refuse to understand?

No, she won't be PDQed again. She IS STILL PDQed and that isn't going to change.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

the minimum standards are the same for all branches and for officers and enlisted.  in fact, they are tougher for those seeking a commission.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Squid
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There are a few things about depression that would be a PDQ...like any history of self harm or being an in-patient for mental conditions.  

Those things are part of your history and never go away.  There are no waivers.  

• 4 weeks ago

and tell me,  was she PDQ'ed  just for a "depressive" notation. 

or PDQ'ed for the self harm scars while she was "depressive". 

Because if it was for self harm scars,   she can stop trying now.  The answer will always be NO. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It's very doubtful that she'll be accepted, but she won't know until she tries.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.