If I have kids with a half Puerto Rican man would they be considered mixed?

He’s half Puerto Rican and half white and I’m white 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes they would be considered mixed.

• 3 weeks ago

We're all mixed since our parents aren't/weren't clones. If your kids inherit traits that are rare among people of European descent (such as Afro-textured hair or very dark skin) they'll be more likely to be considered mixed by strangers. 

• 3 weeks ago

The Puerto Ricans that are descended from Spanish colonists are white.  Speaking Spanish as a first language does not make someone not white. 

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

My  UNCLE  moved to PR with his wife  and their KIDS  were born there  by  terms   the children are   PUERTO RICAN  ... but not HISPANIC   they are AMERICANS   Gary was in the army  stationed   in GERMANY ... his wife went into labor  off base  and  the kids Born in a German hospital  term wise  the child is German      JOE  has a dark skin color  his wife does also and they gave birth to 3 children in   NEW JERSEY  they are termed  "AMERICAN "     a RUSSIAN  women  is on a VISA  to the USA .. gives BIRTH  her kid is termed AMERICAN     the question is CONSIDERED BY WHOM .... ALL of human PROCREATION  is MIXED  a sperm and egg transaction ..... there are many SHADES of SKIN ... other parts of human life are CULTURE  and relationships

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Only if his Puerto Rican side wasn’t fully white

ahh, who am I kidding, there’s no such thing as a white Puerto Rican.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, that would qualify as mixed, but who the hell cares?

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I see so many questions like this on this site.

What does it matter?  Why do people get so fixated about labeling themseves and others according to race or colour?

If you have children with any man you love, they'll just be your lovely children.  

• 4 weeks ago

The bigger question is:  Under current discriminatory US voting laws would they even be eligible for half a vote?

• 4 weeks ago

Puerto Rican is a nationality not a skin colour. As no skin colours in humans can be defined, if you want to call anyone "white" there is no reason for anyone to disagree with you.

• Robin W
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

The nationality of Puerto Ricans is American. 

• Lee
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Yes do the fraction. Assuming your respective grandparents have the ethnicity to justify the half and half and your whole, then your children are naturally 1/4 Puerto Rican. Not that it matters since you’ll not have reason to declare ethnicity except for interest. (Assuming you live in a reasonable country)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.