Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

Is it weird that I like doing things alone while other women need their “girls” to even have a coffee 🙄?

Update:

I go:

Shopping

To lunch

Have coffee

To theater and movies

For walks (safe places)

Etc

Alone while others need their “girls” to even go for coffee 🙄

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

What's weird is that your "I'm not like other girls" routine has managed to throw 3.5 Billion women under the bus. No, you're not weird, but you are pretty snarky and judgmental of others. Just a note...criticizing other people never makes you look better.

• GB
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

If  other women are saying you are 'weird' it might be because they would love your 'courage' to do these things alone. 

Shopping -  What about  going  to their corner shop?  Do they knock on a neighbor's  door first ?  Or do neighbors arrange  to go in pairs?  I see plenty of women who shop alone in supermarkets.  Maybe it's different in the USA, and the majority shop in pairs?  Surely some of these pairs are opposite sex couples though?Lunch  - how do they manage this at work?Theater and movies -  It's nice if  you both want to see the same show/ movie. In the days before  videos or dvds, it could mean missing out on a lot of  films.For walks .  As a 60 something non-driver  walking is my means of getting to work , shops etc.

• denise
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Not weird at all, its quite nice to have your 'own' company, You need your own space from time to time.

• Cara
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Not at all weird. Perhaps you think it's weird because most people who do those things on their own don't feel the need to talk about it because they feel it's normal, therefore you don't realise that it IS normal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

i dont think thats weird, i do things alone too

• 3 weeks ago

Ultimately, you do what feels right for you. Some people enjoy the company of others, equally many people prefer their own company.

• 3 weeks ago

Of course it's not 'weird'. Millions of sane sensible women of all ages do all those things and more.

The only thing that's 'weird' is how many people feel they have to ask if it's weird.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, gosh, SO weird. Actually no, not particularly weird at all. Did you want it to be?

• 3 weeks ago

Not weird at all, being at peace with yourself and enjoying your own company is a good thing.

• 3 weeks ago

Not weird.  I do things alone too.   I also holiday abroad alone.  Whilst sharing things with others can be nice, I am a miserable so and so and prefer my own company most of the time!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.