99 Hyundai sonata dome light. radio. clock all not working?

if checked every fuse in the car. back tracked most of the wiring n it all so far looks fine. my dinging for the door chime isn't working either nor my trunk light. any.ideas? the kicker is all the power wires to each thing has power. so idk if its more a relay or what. n I can't find my multimeter to check the relay connected to the door chime.... any ideas?

• Bort

Ugh... electrical problems. Are you sure your brake lights and turn signals work? In some of those cars of that year if a bulb is out somewhere it screws everything up which could be the dumb bulb in the trunk lid and when you find and replace the bad bulb everything starts working again. If it's not something stupid/simple like that electrical problems can be a nightmare and take a lot of time to figure out what the cause is and repair it.

Have a friend help and check all of the brake and signal and reverse lights.

Pull the covers off interior lights and check the bulbs. I would even buy a spare one (all interior bulbs might be the same so you can use one you're sure is good to check each fixture) at walmart or somewhere to make sure I had a working bulb.

Pull the ignition out and check that all the wires are connected securely.

Do the same for the headlight switch, HVAC controls, and wires in to the back of the stereo.

Have the key on in the position just before the click to start the engine and a door open while you're shaking and checking wire connections and control buttons. If it's a loose connection things will flicker and help you find the problem if that's what it is.

Check the wire conduit in all the doors including the trunk to insure it's in tact, not damaged, stretched, pinched, etc.

If all fails and you're frustrated find a brick, drive to the edge of a hole, place the brick on the accelerator, hop out, and throw it in low gear.

• don r

Test the fusible link on the battery. My money is on it has burned out.

You've got a short. My guess is the dome light. Take the cover off - any broken or beare wires? Did you check the fuses?

• ThEjOkEr4 weeks agoReport

checked all fuses with a test light. all fuses under the hood and under dash.

If that many devices are not working, and you THINK you tested and had power to all of them, find someone to show you HOW to test for power. 99% of the time, the problem you describe is ONE blown fuse and someone that doesn't know how to check anything electrical.

Get a test light and check for power and ground at the connector with the switch on.  Likely a bad ground or a bad door switch.