Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

If someone thought you were older than your age (you are 45+) would you be hurt & how to respond?

I am asking about being thought of as older, not younger

Despite looking after yourself

Arent you a troll??

• 1 week ago

No, everyone's vantage point is different.  If they said 60 and I'm 45, I'd probably laugh it off and shake my head but wouldn't take it personal. 

• JJ

No, it would not bother me that somebody views me as being older than my chronological age (I am 73-years-old). 

• Jerry

Now why would it bother ME that someone else is bad at guessing ages? 

i might be hurt but wouldnt respond

Sometimes mean-spirited so-called friends will do this intentionally to make you feel bad.  It's best to strike back at these people by starting rumors about them that they are senile or insane.  Then they will lose all credibility.

Aren't you a little old to be this sensitive of a Snowflake?

Yeah, it would. I would tell them how old I am but I could not be upset with them if that's what they really thought and was not trying to offend me.

I've experienced the opposite. Someone thought I was 20 years younger than I really am. There's something creepy about that too.