Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

Why does my boyfriends sperm come out?

My boyfriend & i are trying for a baby & for some reason his sperm is coming out of me. I only noticed this when i went to the toilet. Is this normal....

• Edna

Yes; that's normal. What you noticed "coming out" of you when you went to the toilet was the excess semen (which is what  contains sperm) that remained inside your vagina, together with your own vaginal lubrication. 

Whenever a man ejaculates inside you and you get up and walk around very shortly thereafter, gravity is going to cause some of the semen and some of your lubrication fluid  to "come out" of you.

thats crazy my sperm cums out too (pun intended)

• LizB

It's called backflow, and it's normal.

• God

When he shoots off in your c u n t about half of the come runs out.

what goes in,must come out

• Suzy Q

This always happens. The liquid is seminal fluid. While it comes out of you, millions upon millions of sperm cells are already way up your cervix and on their way to your fallopian tubes to meet the egg. 

• Bill

very normal

maybe you are not having sex properly where your orgasms are actually required to suck the sperm in further

• Bill
      3 weeks agoReport

i suppose that you think that you must have sex to artificially inseminated to put that comment in

Some discharge after sex is NORMAL.  It is not actually the sperm coming out - it is the semen.  Semen is just his fluid that delivered the sperm.  The healthiest sperm have already left his fluid and swam into your fluids as they travel toward your egg.

I don't think this is as widely advised as it used to be - but years ago when my sister was doing fertility treatments, the doctor told her to stay on her back for at least 20 minutes after sex to give the sperm a better chance at swimming in.  Getting up quickly after sex to go clean up can cause a reduction in the number of sperm that make it inside you.  But - again - as I mentioned - I don't know if that is still the same advice that couples would get now from a fertility doctor - It might also depend on exactly what their fertility issues are.

• Edna
      3 weeks agoReport

That's what I've always heard too. Gravity alone would make it clear why excess fluids are going to leak out, if you get up and walk around shortly after you have sex. 

Gravity is a b i t c h.

Yes, it's normal. Sperm is sticky, but it still tends to melt and ooze out when exposed to the heat inside a woman's body. While those sperms are oozing out, the baby making sperm is still on its way to your egg.

• Edna
      3 weeks agoReport

Semen is what's sticky - the sperm cells that are present in semen aren't sticky, & they don't melt & ooze or  do anything else inside a woman's vagina. Semen is what a man deposits inside a woman's vagina - NOT  sperm by itself.