Tabitha asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

Will my Dog be okay?

My boyfriend pushed our dog off the bed because he was muddy, while I was at work. When I came home I noticed my dog was limping pretty bad but when I felt his leg he didn’t whine at all and he will put pressure on it if it’s absolutely necessary but I just now noticed that whenever he lays on the bed that if he’s not laying on the limp arm he starts whining. Is it just a strain or is it something more serious? 

ask a vet................

We have NO IDEA whether the dog will be okay or not.  I've known dogs with broken legs to simply "limp along" no whining involved.  Dogs frequently get hurt - when allowed to jump off and on furniture (even when of their OWN accord).  In that he IS favoring it, he feels PAIN and no.... you CANNOT give him anything other than buffered baby aspirin (as most human pain meds are TOXIC in dogs).  He needs complete crate rest until you can see a vet, and he should not be allowed to do ANY MORE JUMPING!

Give it a few days of COMPLETE rest (crate rest would be best) and if there's no improvement, involvel your vet.   Nobody here can possibly tell you what's going on with him.   Just guess.

• PAMELA

Who knows, ask a vet, and dump the boyfriend, he pushes a dog, next time it will be you.

• Anna
      4 weeks agoReport

The dog was covered in mud. He obviously didn't want mud on the sheets and duvet although I agree he was wrong to push it off. He should have lifted it off and put it on the floor.

• Jack H

Your boyfriend should not have gone to bed muddy, he can't blame the dog, surely, have the dog checked by a vet, teach bf to use the shower...

• Anna
      4 weeks agoReport

The DOG was covered in mud, not her boyfriend.

We don't know,  but most of us would take the dog to the vets with a situation like that.   He could have a broken bone which is far more likely if he fell from a bed than a strain,  and especially if he is whining. 

Sounds to me like your boyfriend has been more brutal than he should have been and especially as it is his fault.  He shouldn't have allowed the dog access to the bed if he was muddy.

I recommend you take him to a vet. If the injury isn’t treated asap, it may cause bigger health issues or become permanent. In the future, avoid roughness with your dog.