Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

Should I cut ties with this person?

I'm in my 20s and don't  have many friends since I woke all the time, but for 5 years I have spoken to this person on and off. I only think of him as a friend but I don't  want to be an annoying person. I wrote him on ig where we only communicate.We live VERY far apart, never met, more then likely never will. Please give me the cold hard truth so I won't try and bother him anymore.

I wrote him this on ig:"I remember when we used to talk everyday. It was fun for me, I know that we never met in person but you became important to me. I don't know if you remember what I went through, I don't know if you even care but it meant so much to me. I was so alone and stressed, I felt like I wasn't in control of my life.Here's a photo of what he wrote me back.

• audrey

Just cut him off. He's not worth wasting your time.

Yes, cut ties he's not interested in you or even in maintaining a friendship and he's basically told you this.

Well, he has said to you that you aren't 'real' to him, and it's just an online chat thing. He has made it pretty clear he doesn't think of you as a friend. If you are happy just chatting once in a while and not thinking of him as a friend, then you don't need to cut him out, but if this is a problem for you, it might be best just to distance yourself from him so you can focus your energy on people who are going to think of you as a friend too. If I were in that position, I personally wouldn't want to keep in touch. It might be that you can feel grateful that he helped you at a time when you needed him, but he is saying now that he has no desire to be anything that resembles a friend