Why does the gay flag have to look so fem? ?

Just because you're gay doesn't mean you have to be fem. Most aren't fem actually. I hear feminine gays claim that they were the ones that obtained all our rights, because they were the ones that fought the most for them, but I'm not sure if that is the truth.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree it's a terrible thing.

Which is why I support real men taking back the "gay movement" that has been so sickly co-opted by lesbians and mentally ill transgenders.

A Real Man's flag would be forceful, solid and proud.

And the exact opposite of the feminized "gay" flag that has been discredited across the world.  

• 4 weeks ago

Zzzz....................

• 4 weeks ago

Its designers were partially inspired by some Hippie movements of late 1970s that also used a rainbow flag.

There's also a straight pride flag that consists of white and black stripes (it might relate to straight people liking someone of the opposite gender, because black and white are opposite colors).

https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpress.com/2018/10...

A piece of history of the LGBT+ flag:

"The Pink triangle was created by the Nazis during World War II to identify and stigmatize homosexuals in the same way the Star of David was used against Jews and others regarded as viruses or sub-humans in the social fabric. It functioned as a Nazi tool of oppression. 

Harvey Milk and others didn't want to use this symbol anymore, Artie Bressan (close friend of Baker) pressed on Baker for a new symbol and called it "the dawn of a new gay consciousness and freedom".[4] 

It has been suggested that Baker may have been inspired by Judy Garland's singing "Over the Rainbow" and the Stonewall riots that happened a few days after Garland's death (she was one of the first gay icons).[5][6] 

Another suggestion for how the rainbow flag originated is that at college campuses during the 1960s, some people demonstrated for world peace by carrying a Flag of the Races (also called the Flag of the Human Race) with five horizontal stripes (from top to bottom they were red, white, brown, yellow, and black).[7] 

The first rainbow flags were commissioned by the fledgling pride committee and were produced by a team led by Baker that included artist Lynn Segerblom.[8] Segerblom was then known as Faerie Argyle Rainbow; according to her, she created the original dyeing process for the flags.[9] 

Baker is said to have gotten the idea for the rainbow flag from the Flag of the Races[10] in borrowing it from the Hippie movement of that time[11] largely influenced by pioneering gay activist Allen Ginsberg. 

• There's nothing fem about the gay flag. The colors reflect the diversity of the LGBTQ community. And feminine gays did play a part in obtaining all our rights, as did drag queens, trans people, and butch lesbians. They all fought the most

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Bright colors simply illustrate the inherent diversity in the community and the world.

• Rob
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

*Child that chooses to use a swastika as an avatar is concerned about self-image*

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

How is a bunch of rainbow stripes FEM? You have issues, dude.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

How do you figure that the gay flag is effeminate? Are you an idiot.

• Elizabeth
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Clones,  Vlad is also your doppelganger.  That dude has too much time on his hands.  Perhaps he would better serve himself by looking up news reels of the stonewall riots for this particular talking point.

• Yes
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Hahaha! You're a gay NAZI?

Of course! No woman would want a racist piece of shyt like you so you were forced to become gay out of desperation lol xD

Serves you right, you piece of shyt, you don't deserve women.

• Condesso4 weeks agoReport

I love masculine gay Nazis!  They are very handsome.  

• 4 weeks ago

What is particularly "fem" about a rainbow flag? Nothing that I can see. If you are referring to the pink triangle, that is the badge homosexuals were forced to wear in the Nazi concentration camps and gay people display it with pride. There is nothing "fem" about it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.