Max asked in HealthMental Health · 3 weeks ago

How to get motivated to do anything when you have depression?

I need tips and ideas. 

Yes, i have Cinical Depression I've been diagnosed with it 

Favorite Answer

Try to get 9 hours of sleep, eat healthy, exercise, meditate, write in a journal every evening before you go bed + write 5 things you are grateful for. 

If you don’t have a job then go and get one. 

Take up a hobby as well.

• justin

send me a mesage my insta is camaro codybattery my email camaro33125cody@gmail.com or usa my text now number is 717 516 0310 and my facebook is camaro elfyboy with a pink sword art online anime picture. I am not a poster so don't worry if i have nothing up. it is too complicated for me. I am here to be supportive and if ur struggling with faith I have a strong connectionto god and ask him my questions personally and the answers i recieve are usually more comforting than the copy pasted ones i hear at church. I can help u understand if u need it. my method of support involves hugs and adorableness sometimes so if ur not cool with that tell me and il try to adjust to ur needs.

take reasonable measures to care for your physical and mental health. For instance, eat wholesome meals, get sufficient sleep, and exercise regularly. Exercise releases chemicals that can lift your mood, increase your energy, and improve your sleep. If possible, try to recognize triggers and early warning signs of a depressive mood and create a suitable plan of action. Confide in someone you trust. A supportive network of close family members and friends may help you to cope more effectively with your depression, possibly reducing symptoms.

• martin

Make a change in your environment, either a big change like actually moving away, or a little change like taking a bus out to an outlying suburb for the day.

• Nunya

You have to make a routine and stick to it. Even if you feel horrible. At some point it won't even feel difficult to do it. You might do things out of order but the trick is to stay busy and to know when to rest. Do exercise at a certain time which can be as simple as walking with your music. Eat around the same time. Sleep and get up at the same time. Do you have a job? Make small goals of things that you want to do to. I psych myself every morning saying telling myself that I am going to have a productive day at work. I also go to sleep thinking about all the things I either did or will do tomorrow. Take short naps when you feel tired. Find a new or old hobby and dedicate time to it on your days off. Your motivation is that you are going to feel productive and useful.

Try Teal Swan on youtube and look up her videos on depression. Might help you unravel some of those trouble knots in your head. 

• Max3 weeks agoReport

I used to have a job, i had to quit cause i got kicked out where i was staying with my cousin. I'm 20 i recently just lost my dad and my mom passed earlier this year. I'm not working currently no. My parents house is getting torn apart and maybe burnt i cant be in two places at once, an i cant drive

• Henry

You probably don't have depression or it has to be diagnosed.