Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 3 weeks ago

Being a nonwhite person, I find the term "Lactose Intolerance" to be racist?

Definition of "disorder":

"an abnormal physical or mental condition"

When one looks at a simple world map of lactose intolerance rates, they quickly realize that most of the human population is "lactose intolerant". If lactose intolerance is so common and expected, and has little impact on a person's health beyond being unable to digest dairy, how it can be a "disorder"? Obviously, it is the natural human condition.

We all know the true reason why "lactose intolerance" is considered a "disorder". It's because whites wrote the definition. Yes, whites, who are mostly "lactose tolerant", decided to use themselves as the reference for perfection over the other races. It's saying L.I people are "less perfect" than whites are. Using the term "lactose intolerance" is a way of reinforcing the racist "white is right" belief.

Petition the health organizations. A racist phrase like "Lactose Intolerance" must be banned from the medical dictionary. It implies that nonwhites are inferior, and that is wrong.

there is no reason that I should care if that offends you

Well I wouldn’t call it racist but yes you are indeed on to something.....Europeans have been drinking milk from other animals past their infant stage for thousands of years so many have developed an immediate immunity to it but humans in general shouldn’t really drink milk past their infancy. No other animal does this and while whites have an immediate immunity it still hurts them in the long run as milk contributed to the growth of tumors

I get the racist accusations but I define racism with intent. Our medical system is naturally designed to suit the majority, even our nutritional standards. So this is more of a privilege then racist intent,   which makes it easy to fix by developing medical standards for each ethnicity 

• martin

Never realized this, but will try to remember that so as not to offend anyone. Thanks for the information.

Are you always “on”. Sigh.

Blowing the lid off racist lactose intolerance.

You're a freaking white conservative male!

• Phil3 weeks agoReport

They are anonymous. That tells me all I need to know about them.