He asked me to be his girlfriend and I told him I’ll think about it. Now I want to say yes but how should I bring it up?

I’ve been spending a lot of time with this guy lately. We met about a month or two ago when he came up to me and asked for my number (I kind of gave him a hard time doing that lol). But I’ve been going over to his room to spend time with him and one day when I was there he asked me “so where do you see this going?” And I told him “ well I was going to ask you that”. And he told me that he really likes me and wants me to be his girl and I told him I’ll think about it. Now that I’ve been spending more time with him I’m starting to like him and I want to say yes but don’t know how. But at the same time im kind of shy and really quiet around him and I don’t want to make things awkward or for him to lose interest in me. What should I say??

• edward

Before me and my wife were exclusive about our relationship we had a similar convo...she said yes basically by running up behind me and kissing me. I felt like i was in a movie.

• Linda

Next time you two are out together and you are sitting close, look at him and say do you remember when you asked me to be your gf and I said I'd think about it? Well, I did and the answer is I'd love to be your gf and smile at him and lean in to kiss him.

"What should I say??"

I dont know, but whatever you say make sure its direct. As we men are literal. 

Source(s): nothing
  • Jerry

"If you still want to be my boyfriend, I'd like that. I'd like it a lot." 

You don't need to say anything. The world's best love is when you love your partner so much that you really don't need to say the words. Your love (It just shows).

I think the best way of doing this is to plan a fun date night and let him know then. The key to not making these sorts of situations awkward is to create the right sort of atmosphere. Basically, something like a restaurant evening where you both can be assured of privacy is the perfect occasion.

When it comes to letting him know that you want to be his girlfriend, lead into telling him by doing things like complimenting him and telling him how much you like being around him. That should set the right sort of tone rather than just straight out telling him. I really hope this helps :)

Source(s): Where does your shyness come from? Are you scared of saying something silly? How did he react when you told him "you would think about it?"