mick asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

what should i do?

So over the weekend, my family went on a trip out of state. After a 6 hour car ride my parents made me sit though 6 hours of boredom at my grandma’s cousin’s house, which ended with me going outside to wait before we left bc my family laughed at me for no reason. The next day I asked to stay at the hotel instead of sitting there again and my mom agreed. She then tried to make me wait there for 3 hours and I said I would just wait in the car. She gets mad at me and cusses me out, telling me i’m a burden and i’m gonna lose all my friends because they’re gonna get sick of me because I’m a terrible person. All of those things I told her I felt in confidence when I had a breakdown a few months ago and she reassured me that they weren’t true. She won’t apologize and says she “refuses to feel guilty” and we haven’t spoken normally in a week. The few words she does speak to me are extremely petty and rude and she gets mad at my dad when he’s nice to me, even after I apologized for “embarrassing her”. I want her to apologize but she refuses to acknowledge what she said was out of pocket and irrelevant. What should I do?

i would just try to have fun visiting your grandmother, she aint going to be around forever

This probably isn’t the answer you want but it sounds like you’re being quite self involved at the moment. There are many things you won’t want to do in life but will need to be polite and socialise, and trust me sitting at a relatives house for a few hours bored will certainly not be the worst thing. I bet your mum does a wealth of things for you and sitting for a few hours and being polite is probably a rare thing she’s asked of you as I presume she likely couldn’t leave you alone at home. I’m not condoning if she has been rude to you, but likely she is incredibly frustrated with your behaviour. Maybe take some time to think about everything she does for you and how much you do for her? Take some of the stress off her back and do some of the cooking and cleaning and if she wants to go out and do something go with her and at least pretend to enjoy it. 

You need to pray for her 

I would sneak up behind her and jump on her back and slap her silly.

Maybe then she will respect you more. I believe it will work.