Doesn't Kim kardashian and Paris Hilton prove without a doubt that capitialism is not a meritocracy?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

They are old women now. Don't you have new names to mention someone hot and young that might hang out in clubs that we can put into bed and tuck in because she's not supposed to be out past her bedtime? And is supposed to go to bed early -- school in the merning!

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

They do a good job of that.

• 3 weeks ago

They are an extension of celebrity status. Little of that is on merit, just hype and self promotion. PLEASE tell me you know there is more to Capitalism than Bozos like that?

• Brian
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Heck, donnie trump does that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

It’s not a meritocracy, at all, but I don’t know that they’re the proof you’re looking for. I’m not a fan of either one, but they did both successfully work to build brands separately from their parents’. Don’t confuse the characters they play on their shows with the women who produce them, producing a tv show is a pain in the ***. Most trust fund kids never even do that, they just spend their parents money until they inherit the rest. 

• 3 weeks ago

If anything Hunter Biden proves that. Of course no one said capitalism was a meritocracy in the 1st place so your point is moot. And even merit doesn't mean much sometimes.........I mean look at all those meaningless awards democrats are always giving each other.

• Chris
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

A capitalist is someone who puts his capital at risk to finance a business enterprise based on an analysis of expected returns. Not exactly what these two are doing. Warren Buffett is an example of a capitalist. You might be confusing capitalism with free enterprise.

• Yavan
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Of course. Free market theory is pseudo-science. It tells a story that the powerful like to hear and that's why it's still alive. 

Economists like pristine mathematical models because nobody can argue with pristine mathematical models. It looks very ''sciencey''. Except mathematical economics reminds me of Ptolemeac Astronomy more than anything else. The models fit the conclusions they want to reach, not observations of the real world.

• they got all they wanted from inheritance 

• 3 weeks ago

They prove that anyone can be wealthy if born into the right conditions.

• Taylor3 weeks agoReport

Not anyone, people born into wealthy families

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.