Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

Is it okay to not want to be with someone but still be very physically attracted to them ?

So, there's this guy that I've had a crush on for some time. He's a great guy but I don't think we're really compatiable. It's been a long process forcing myself to get over him and I've succeeded to a great extent. My feelings for him have mainly faded except for some regrets and physical attraction. He's a goodlooking guy and I'm physically attracted to him and feel like I always will be but I don't want to act on that physical attracrion in any way. He hasn't done anything to make me dislike him or for my attraction to decrease. So, I feel like I'll always be attracted to him but it feels weird to be. I can not truly be myself around someone that I'm attracted to and that's where my problem comes from. Have you ever experienced something like that? 

Favorite Answer

I think that what you are doing is fine. However, my advice would be to try and work on forging an emotional connection with this guy so that your attraction to him is more meaningful. It is completely fine if you have tried this and found out that you two simply aren't compatible. However, I think making an effort to get to know this guy on an emotional level could be worthwhile. For example, doing things like asking this guy questions that will give him to reveal his personality and seeing if that resonates with you may make you feel less weird about being attracted to him. I really hope this helps :)

Source(s): What makes you think that you are not compatible with this guy? Would you say that you know him well on a personal level?

I've never experienced i because I'm a dude but I must say that I think that your friends are who you need to be yourself around. Being with someone is more about passion and lust and the way they make you feel and all that crap.