Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

I’m still not over my first love we did everything together :(?

I’m still not over my first love I’m 16 and he’s 17 We started dating in 7th grade 8th grade on and off but we got serious in 9th grade he met my mom and we got so close in a very little of time he was my first love intimately and that meant a lot for me and he was basically my best friend ... but I had to change schools so we broke off and I then saw him the end of my 10th grade yr and everything was different.. it was like he changed but I still loved him and he said he still loved me too but things were complicated at the time because when I came back he was talking to some girl  and I asked him to stop talking to her and he said he was gonna stop talking to her .... then we had a conversation about how he actually felt about me he made me cry cuz he said he didn’t know if he still had feelings for me or if he just wanted to hoe around basically... while we had this conversation he was high off weed and then like a month later he dropped out of school ... im a junior in high school now and i don’t think I’m over him :((((((( it’s been along time but I still care for him 

• Foofa

I don't know how old you are now but it's normal for us to recall our first "loves" fondly. Maybe it'll help to know that this relationship was necessary to your social development and that almost no middle school relationship stands the test of time.

Unfortunately, we can't always control who we fall in love with, which is why it's so important to recognize when an attachment isn't mutual. By being honest with yourself, you can finally break the cycle of negativity that often results from loving someone who simply doesn't feel the same way.

Not being loved in return is something that can result in some serious dysfunction on a personal level. Being in a healthy relationship is supposed to be an emotionally fulfilling experience for both people involved. Not having this emotional balance can leave the loving partner feeling bad about themselves and completely rejected.

"It is not a good decision to settle for 'emotional crumbs,'

I think the reason why you are not over this guy is because you never got closure over his reasons for breaking up with you. I mean it is not as if he gave you a detailed explanation of how he lost feelings for you and/or what caused him to lose these feelings. My advice would be to reach out to him and try to get some answers from him. Obviously the change in schools may have impacted on your relationship but I still think you are entitled to know what happened to your relationship. I really hope this helps :)

Source(s): Are you still in contact with your ex? Have you tried meeting and seeing new guys?