will trump get impeached? ?

whats your opinion? 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

In the House, possibly. In the Senate, no. Thus, he will remain president.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

He should.

Will he? That is an issue. There is a need for 2/3 vote of the senate to get Trump out, meaning that 20 republican senators would have to vote alongside the democratic ones (assuming that all the democratic senators vote to impeach).

Where it gets touchy is if the 23 republican senators who are up for re-election in 2020 would think that their chance to win could be affected if the maintain someone as guilty as Trump despite the already massive and still mounting evidence.

Support the cad and risk paying for it?

If they think strategically (and wisely), the republican senators could vote to remove Trump and then could pose as people able to clean house. Removing Trump early would also give time to look for a new candidate for the 2020 election, in time for the first primaries.

The impeachment of Trump depends therefore on how well the republicans senators are able to assess the impact of inaction. If they support Trump and he gets voted out in 2020, then opposing the impeachment would have achieved very little, and they can end up paying the price when the time comes from the to be re-elected.

If they don't support Trump, then Trump would be out already, and unable to retaliate anyway. To me, that is such a no brainer that I fail to see why republican senators would oppose impeachment.

But then again, if they still support him, that can be some proof that they are not that smart to start with, so can they even think rationally and strategically?

• martin
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Maybe. But remember, being impeached only means that Congress has decided to let the Senate decide whether Trump is guilty and should be convicted of "high" crimes. Also, a 2/3 majority is required in the Senate, unlike the House.

• Logan
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Impeachment by the house is a certainty.   A guilty vote by the senate is unlikely. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

not until they feel like they just have to let the Senate tear it to pieces...Impeachment and removal in the Senate can only happen if the presidents poll numbers get near 35%, so far his numbers are going up...it is looking like every committee in the house will get a shot, just to draw this turd out...I cannot wait for the House Financial Services Committee to get a turn...

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

He’s is guilty as F. There isn’t a doubt in my mind. I think he’ll be impeached, but not removed from office. Would like to see him beat in the election.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No.  This is just the latest of a long line of the Liberal's Wile E. Coyote-like futile schemes to overthrow his Presidency.  There will probably be at least 6 more of these sorts of scandals that will be pushed in the months leading up to the election.  I'm thinking that next month they will start saying that Trump had Epstein killed.

• Jim2
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It's pretty certain that the House will impeach him, yes. But that does not mean he will be kicked out of office. Only if the Senate votes (with a 2/3 majority) to convict him will he be kicked out of office. Unfortunately, that is not likely to happen.

• 3 weeks ago

Impeached by House, highly likely.

Removed by Senate, probably not.

He's probably just going to end up like Clinton -- but with the unusual position of running for a second term that Clinton didn't have to worry about winning.

Some are so convinced that an impeachment would help him win, but we've literally never been through an impeached president running for reelection before so that's impossible to say.

• 3 weeks ago

In the house yes but the Senate is impossible to guess.

At least people will see the truth about him. 

• Mr Pottimus
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

the truth will be hidden until the Senate gets it. I guarantee...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.