How do U.S. Democrats feel about U.S. Muslims not practicing/condoning abortion?

Vote for us and get a free pass?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

That is  their choice to not get an abortion. I don't care.

• 3 weeks ago

That is their call.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Well there's at least two points to be made here. 

First, according to polling by the Pew Center, American Muslims support abortion in basically the same percentage as Americans in general.   There's this myth among conservatives that Muslims in the US are religiously fundamentalist and socially ultra conservative.  In reality, American Muslims are more culturally liberal than Evangelical Christians and more accepting of things like gay rights, women's rights, abortion, birth control, premarital sex, etc. 

Second, no Democrat has a problem with someone not "practicing" abortion.  The pro-choice movement is all about individual women's control over their bodies.  That explicitly includes the right to choose to have have children and implicitly includes the right to not get an abortion when confronted with an unplanned pregnancy.  Democrats don't even have a problem with people who don't "condone" abortion.  The problem becomes when those people who don't "condone" abortion decide that they should enforce their beliefs on others. 

• Marduk
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

They practice Sharia and Evangelicals would love to practice Sharia in America.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Why do you care if strangers get abortions? That is my question.

• 3 weeks ago

And this is somehow different than all the Christians we already deal with who don't...with the addition of trying to inflict their views on government laws?

Yeah, your angle does not make sense to me, because that isn't a topic democrat voters are required to all agree on or support. 

No political party is a club in which you have to check all the boxes or get out. I know some republican voters seem to think it is, but even they have atheists and others among them who may not agree with all the hogwash on their own side.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

They don't care.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.