Is it against any laws to message people's family with unwanted information about people?

My girlfriend's ex boyfriend messaged a bunch of my family and told them she cheated on me. She did, but it's no one's business and I forgave her. Is there anything I can do about it? As far as I know there's no laws forbidding anything like that, but it really pissed me off and now my family is bothering me about it.

• Foofa

Unless it's ongoing that isn't really harassment, so no.

• martin

This is an invasion of privacy and an intentional infliction of emotional distress on you. Both of those things are serious enough to establish a lawsuit for money damages, but you have to prove some injury.

• Jay3 weeks agoReport

He wouldn't pay anyway, he's broke

I think maybe you should go slash his tires and punch him in the face repeatedly. But make sure you wear a disguise so he doesn’t know it’s you. Good luck.

How would the ex know about it? No, it’s not their business. I would tell him to **** off. I don’t think that’s a crime as far as I know

• STEVEN F
      3 weeks agoReport

The person that sent the messages was DIRECTLY involved in the cheating.