Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 3 weeks ago

Will My Therapist Think I died? ?

I know it’s not the best choice, but I want to ghost the therapist I’ve been seeing for a year now. I just don’t want her to think I’m dead. Will she be able to find out weather or not I’m alive without me telling her? 

Hey hey, cheer up. 

Don't ghost her. Just talk to her openly that you want to ghost her because of whatever reason. Isn't she supposed to help you?Ask her for a break, be honest, tell her you want days off to see how life goes without her. Be honest and open, look her in the eyes and say it, say everything that's on your mind. I promise you, she will agree and you can get days off without worrying if she thinks you're dead or not.

Yes, she'll think you committed suicide.

• Mike G

Yes. So don't do that. Instead, keep your next appointment and tell her about your plan.

• martin

Yes, there are ways to find out. Unless you think she'll suspect you committed suicide or died, you can relax. In the world of therapists, this must happen occasionally that a patient will just stop coming, too embarrassed to get into telling why.

Your therapist is to busy dealing with patients to worry about one who chooses not to come back.