Why wasn't the thief, John the Baptist or the disciples who walked the earth with Jesus never water baptized? Weren't they SAVED?

Update:

II PETER 1:3 says 

According as his divine power hath given unto us ***all things that pertain unto life and godliness,*** through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue."

Consequently ((("ALL))) things that pertain to life and godliness" are in the Word of God.

Why can't we find "our foundation" (Ephesians 2:19-20) water baptisms? 

Update 2:

Is water baptism one of the "DEAD WORKS" referred to in Hebrews 6:1-3 and 9:14?

Update 3:

@AMT

WELL IF THE FLESH COUNTS FOR NOTHING WHY ARE YOU WATER BAPTIZING THE FLESH?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

They were, silly. Many of Christ's disciples had submitted to John's baptism, and those who weren't were baptized by other disciples of Jesus Christ.

The spirits of the dead can learn the gospel of Christ (1 Peter 3:18-20; 4:6) and many of them will have a chance to benefit from it (1 Cor. 15:29). God's love, justice, and mercy are all intact.

• 3 weeks ago

Where does it say they were never baptized? It doesn't say anyone relieved themselves, but I'm pretty sure they did.

• magix151
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Jesus was water baptized. There it is, black and white, written in the scriptures. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their actions.…

1 Timothy 6 New International Version (NIV)

6 All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered. 2 Those who have believing masters should not show them disrespect just because they are fellow believers. Instead, they should serve them even better because their masters are dear to them as fellow believers and are devoted to the welfare[a] of their slaves.

False Teachers and the Love of Money

These are the things you are to teach and insist on. 3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 they are conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Final Charge to Timothy

11 But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13 In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you 14 to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. 19 In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.

20 Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, 21 which some have professed and in so doing have departed from the faith.

Grace be with you all.

Note the line "16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. "

And yet .... you claim to have seen the face of God ..... ??

That would make you about as false as is possible in all senses of the word.

Oh and I think I have got a possible title for that book of yours that you believe God Himself has told you to write ....... 

"How Not to Behave in a Public Forum if You Claim to be a Manifestation of God"

And you think God has told you to write a book?

How much financial gain do you think you might accrue by that, Norine.

It wouldn't be worth the paper it was written on.

The only thing you have proved is that your 'ministry' is a FALSE one.

comment 2.

A more civilized comment than usual but it is unclear exactly what we are dealing with here. It may be a large team trying to prove that non believers are able to understand the scriptures after they were informed that they are not allowed to, i.e. through arrogant indignation. User claims to be an elderly black woman but I am not convinced of that at all. I noted that this user got a best answer for a poor answer related to something I had trapped them on recently so it is all a bit mysterious really. Evidence seems to suggest that answers are being worked out by intellect rather than righteousness and it shows ..... ? If you disregard the scriptural quotations, the comments this user makes are utter tripe and foul mouthed intimidation.

• 3 weeks ago

You know GN U do not know me from Adam and yet U DEIGN to decide whether I am Born again or NOT. HOW DARE U!!

they were under the old covenant.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Why do you imagine that they were never water baptized?

I mean: I know you can't find any Bible passage that teaches so.

So: does the idea come from the unreasonable recesses of your imagination, or what?

• magix151
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Pray for her. Pray her eyes are opened to the truth, her heart is freed of doubt, and she is filled with the true sprit that comes from fully believing in Jesus. 

• 3 weeks ago

They were all saved. All documented in the Epistles of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

You'd better visit a priest my friend he'll easily clarify these basic doubts.

• magix151
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Pray for her. Pray god takes away her doubt, that her eyes are opened, and god gives her the true spirit that comes when we accept Jesus as lord and savior.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Obviously they were water baptized. Would Jesus command a group of men who had not been baptized to go out and baptize others??

• magix151
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Pray for her. Pray her eyes are opened to the truth, that the doubt is taken from her heart, and she can receive the true spirit. 

• 3 weeks ago

Hey! What version are you refering to? John the Baptist was the man who baptized Jesus...

• 3 weeks ago

You have asked, and had this question answered several times.  Why do you keep asking questions when you are not truly seeking answers?  Why won't you listen to the answers you have received?

Why do you continue to contend that John the Baptist and the disciples were hypocrites who did not submit to the things they commanded that others must folliw?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.