How do I stop being so lazy?

I've been at my local community college for 4 years now, switched majors about 5 times. But I've been doing some thinking and I'm starting to think I'm just super lazy, not necessarily in school, I get straight A's. But everytime I think of a "Career" I just think work and i HATE working. I've been trying to find something I'm passionate about but no matter how hard I try I'm always going to think of it as work, and I just dont want to work. How do i change this mindset?

Favorite Answer

Try to think of it like this:

What do you like to do, for fun?

I like using computers. I like making websites, and then show other people what I made.

I don't know what you like to do. Whatever that is then maybe you can somehow get good at it, and then you can make a living out of it.

You talk about passion, so if I were to look at you then where do you think I would see you, and what do you think I would see you doing?

I am trying to help you out the best that I can, so it's up to you if you want to think about what I asked. You don't have to answer my questions.

I don't know what you like, so just think about it. There is no need to converse with me at this point.

• daniel4 weeks agoReport

I'm sorry for coming at you with all my insecurities, ill make it up by giving you best answer 

Avoid any addictions.

It is so easy, just do not be lazy!

• Judy

Time to grow up, Peter Pan.

Time to grow up.  With your attitude I see a long employment career with numerous minimum wage jobs.  You certainly are not a prime applicant for a serious job.  Employers look for mature candidates ready to make a commitment, not immature children in an adult body.

• Rinkydink
      4 weeks agoReport

If you’re a 22 yo or so start acting your age.  You are no longer a teenager and should not let your laziness and lack of enthusiasm toward working show.  There will come a time a steady promising job and income will bring you to adulthood.     

Get a job and work.

• Kyle

not everyone does what they love or have a passion for.  sometimes it's just not realistic and can't earn a living off of, but you can still make it a hobby.

you just need to figure out what you wouldn't mind doing, but what is still hot in your area so you can find a job to support yourself.  some jobs you can do with just a two year degree too.  talk to a counselor, or just google online for jobs that only need a two year degree.

maybe consider the military.  they have hundreds of jobs that aren't all combat or infantry related.  plenty can find similar jobs in the civilian world when your service is over.  most jobs only require four year contracts too, but some require six.  they have jobs in IT, construction, HVAC, health care, logistics, weather, vehicle maintenance, air traffic control, intel / analysts, and others.  you can see all the jobs they offer on the branches websites.

assuming you have some college credits, you might be able to enlist at a higher grade than just straight out of high school.  

with your training and experience though, companies will gladly take that over just a college degree.  but if you want to try college again, the GI Bill will help pay for that.

do some research, then see a recruiter for more information on life style, job selection process, recruitment process, bases overseas, hours you could work, shifts you could work, living on base, etc.  

Just keep pushing yourself into doing something that’s interesting and eventually your brain will be so used to it to the point where it doesn’t seem like work anymore but instead just a daily chore. Basically your brain will make it feel like your going out to get groceries or cleaning your room but longer.

By fighting those thoughts and start thinking straight. Life is all about work. No one wants to work, but we have to, to survive. Unless you plan to be homeless one day. You have to do something. If you are rich, that's a different story.