Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 3 weeks ago

Can I upgrade this piece of **** HP Pavilion g6-1326sa laptop I got for free?

This piece of **** laptop an't seem to find any information for upgrading the **** *** CPU. I want to take that **** CPU out this laptops tit hole and upgrade the CPU to an AMD A8-3500M. Also, **** the **** up if your gonna answer "the CPU is soldered down" no it ***** ain't, I've taken it out the socket before. So you gonna ***** answer with something useful, or you gonna go up and get fed by yo wet nurse?

I don't care what I say, you ain't gonna see it anyway because yahoo block my questions. Even if you do, you can't be bothered to answer because you'd rather answer with a pathetic answer or none at all and leave the question unanswered.

Oof, what a surprise, no answers. Screw you all. 

Favorite Answer

1: People (other than point gamers / trolls) generally do not answer questions that look like they are likely to be reported because of the content, even if there is a valid question somewhere hidden away in the junk.

Politeness costs nothing!

2: This is a world-wide site with many users in different time zones. It may take 24 hours for some people to see a question, even if they visit the site every day - not all do, due to work etc.

If I remember right, the site guidelines say to allow seven days without answers before assuming you will not get any & it being OK to re-ask a question.

Re. the actual question:

The answer is - possibly.

Assuming it has an AMD CPU using the same socket as it is, compatibility is dependent on the power rating of the new CPU being within the limits that the board is capable of supporting - so OK if it's the same power rating as the present one, possibly not if more than trivially higher power.

And, the BIOS needs to recognise the new CPU to be able to configure it.

Upgrade the BIOS before doing anything else, if there is a newer version, to maximise the chances.

Generic desktop boards have BIOS support for any CPU that could be installed - but big-name laptops and ready built desktop machines often have BIOSs with very restricted compatibility, as the makers want you to buy another machine rather than stretching the life of an existing one.

With custom motherboards they often also limit the CPU & RAM voltage ranges, to minimise cost, so the BIOS cannot configure for more than a very limited range of devices.

Some occasionally do leave in full compatibility, but it is relatively rare in big-name machines; it's most likely in no-name generic machines where the board makers are selling on to other companies to fit CPU & RAM etc. in varied configurations.

All you can do its try it and see what happens...