Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting ยท 4 weeks ago

When did acting become a high paying career field?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

• Athena
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

It never did.

Oh some actors make money. However most, even named actors, have other jobs to make ends meet.

• Well Kid, I've Think That Acting Always Was A Great Show Performance Career With A Highly Paid To Be For Actors, Actress, Directors, Producers, Writers, ๐Ÿ“บ Storylines Writers Etc Etc! Acting Makes A Great Qualifying Move Letting Than A Big Promotion Like Hollywood For Example Expand This Called Film ๐ŸŽฅ Actor's Producing This Great Move & For Sure Letting Participating Actors From A Lot Parts Of The Entire ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒŽ๐ŸŒ Like Africans, Asians, South Americans Etc! Acting Isn't A Bad Business, The Only Maybe Bad Thing About Acting In ๐ŸŽฅ Specially For Hollywood It's The Director Or One Specific Brand Cinema ๐ŸŽฅ Who Doesn't Even Matter In Working With You So, But As A Business Acting ๐ŸŽฅ IT'S A MAGNIFICENT SHOW BUSINESS TRULY KID Truly!!!!......

• 4 weeks ago

youย  have to come from wealthy origins and have a very good press agent.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tina
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Never, as far as I know.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Acting is, and always has been, an extremely low-paying career for all but a small number of very talented and/or very lucky individuals.

Almost all actors never get more than a few odd days' paid acting work a year and have to work an 'ordinary' job alongside acting their entire lives, just to pay their bills.

• 4 weeks ago

Probably when movies became popular.ย  This is one of the earliest examples I could find from the 1930s.ย  Bear in mind that the salaries are relative.ย  Average workers were on less than $1 an hour (many only 1/4 of that), so a wage of over $300,000 was a huge amount.

Gary Cooper ($370,214) overtook Mae West ($323.333) as the highest salaried film personality.

https://stuffnobodycaresabout.com/2014/08/30/salar...

• 4 weeks ago

You are making an incorrect assumption.

99% of actors don't make enough from acting to live on and have day jobs.

• 4 weeks ago

Without looking it up I'm going to say sometime in the 1970s. I could be wrong.

• 4 weeks ago

it mightve been that way all the time

• Tina
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Well it wasn't and it isn't now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.