What should you about your job, when you are at the point where you would rather go have chemo therapy than go into work?

Almost 2o years ago, a couple years after I graduated college, I went to OfficeMax thinking that my college education would make me move up fast. But instead they passed me over for more lazy employees, they even promoted one who really should have been fired a long time ago.... and when I asked for straight forward feedback, they just beat around the bush and explained it in Greek. So nearly two years later, with my Moral completely depleted, I was afraid to quit without another job, but at the same time my mental health was severly suffering, was getting interviews for better jobs, but no offers, thus I was at the point where I would actually rather go to the hospital and have chemo therapy than go into work.  What I am trying to ask, is are there exceptions to the Rule Of Thumb "Don't quite till you have something else line up"?

• squidy

Dude seriously, do what I did. Quit and get an easy job. Any random easy low-paying job is better than a job that makes you want to die.

• Get some help for your mental issues and start looking for another job. Usually it's easier to get another job while you're employed. 

Don't quit unless you have some savings to last you a few months or years. 

• Judy

Did you ever have chemo? I doubt you'd find it preferable to your job. But keep looking for a job, before you quit the one you have.

Most people search for a new job while currently employed.  Put some effort toward a new job and quit Office Max when you’ve found a replacement.

it is better to have another job than to quit

If you can afford to live without income while you look for another job, yes, you can quit without another job lined up.

Seek psychiatric help.😉

Was this 20 years ago, or 2 years ago?