AMC Movie Theater Rules?

I’m 16, but I want to see  The new joker movie but it’s rated R. My blood sister is 18 and another friend of mine is also 18 and they’re  going to go see it. Since my sisters 18 would I be able to go watch it with her? 

• Gonzo

I don't think they will let you in, kid 

They will check your ID, sorry.

Generally I don't think you need to be related to the adult who is accompanying you

Don't worry about it, you're not missing anything, the movie isn't very good. 

So... when I was young, I paid to see Starsky and Hutch, but that was not the movie I wanted to see.... I wanted to see Passion of the Christ... so I walked into the movie I wanted to see. I did pay, so I didn't just sneak into the theater. I wouldn't advise doing anything that would get you banned from the theater, if you want to continue still going there. If you can wait on it, then you probably should. 

I don't know if any ensuing drama will be worth it, if you happen to get caught. I haven't been young in a long time, so I haven't had to deal with that issue. If you look like an obvious child, you are more likely to get noticed. I don't think you will get into "legal" trouble, as I don't think it is illegal for you to see such a movie, but it would be a bummer if you didn't get to see the movie, and then you couldn't see any more movies there because of being restricted for not obeying their rule system. 

The Joker movie is not a porno film...there are no rape scenes, harm of children...etc...  there is only one scene that I would call particularly violent (spoiler ahead), and that is when the Joker kills a former employee with a pair of scissors. Really, I'm amazed at the graphic stuff that is allowed on television, which children can easily watch, and the Joker's violence is much more tame compared to a great number of stuff that's on regular TV. Even the show Gotham had "much" darker stuff. 

No. You can get in ONLY with a parent over age 21.

• martin

They may ask you for identification showing your birthday. If they do, it seems the rules would prohibit your seeing the movie, if you must be 18 to see it.

• Gary

No. That movie will scare you. It’s Rated R for a reason.