i just cooked a big bag of frozen veggies ( onions,green peppers,red peppers,and yellow peppers are the ingreaidents. is this healthy?

also is it weird to just pour them in a plate to eat with little added pepper spice for seasoning?

Favorite Answer

why would they be unhealthy and who cares if you like them with a little pepper spice.

The ONLY downside is they are very few calories and you will be hungry again soon. Make them part of a meal, not the whole meal.

• denise

Yes its healthy, you could add them to a tomato sauce/salsa like Ratatouille.

Maybe add to a 'vinegarette' dressed slaw / salad.

• Sounds like it, but aren't peppers fresh.

• Not if you eat an entire German chocolate cake afterwards

Doesnt sound tasty but if you like it...

• martin

What you are doing is healthy, especially enjoying the food without added pepper or spice. The only improvement would be using natural vegetables instead of frozen.

• ckngbbbls
      4 weeks agoReport

frozen veggies are natural veggies and often more nutritious since they are frozen the day they are picked and not left laying around a store and then your fridge. EVERY day veggies are off the vine, they lose nutrients.

• C

Very healthy.

According to the UN World Health Organization we should strive to eat a minimum of 400g vegetables and fruit a day with increased health benefits up to 700g per day (it's not bad to eat more, there's just no more benefit to eat more).  That's the data behind all the "5 a day" stuff.  The UN never said anything about how many types, just that it should be varied and tend toward vegetables.

It's not a weird way to eat them either.  Sometimes you just crave a pile of cooked vegetables.  If you give your plateful of cooked veggies a fancy name in some foreign language hey presto! it sounds sophisticated and not weird at all.

Of course, in the round we need to eat more than just vegetables for a healthy diet but not every single meal had to cover all the bases.  Back when I was a sporty young thing my very wise coach suggested looking at everything you eat in a three day window.  As long as the totality of everything you eat in a three day window averages out as a healthy balanced diet you can relax.  I think that's a healthy attitude to come at food with enjoyment.

it sounds healthy to me

Yes it's healthy but I sure wouldn't want to eat it.

I'd use it in a pot of beef stew.