Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 4 weeks ago

What was your experience getting a belly button piercing?

I just turned 17 and I’ve been wanting one for a long time. I’ve done my research and I’m aware of the risks. I just wanted to see if you guys wouldn't mind sharing your experiences with belly button piercings. The procedure, what to expect afterwards, and if it was worth it.

Thank you!

• Jerry
    Favorite Answer

It definitely was not worth it. In one crazy year I got a lot of tatts and piecings. And I never regretted any of it except the the belly ring. I had to be so careful of it, so careful of not getting hurt in the area. I had to take bandaids everywhere to keep it covered and protect it from irritation from my clothes. Yeah, it looked great at the beach or wearing bare midriff outfits. Buy you only expose your midriff now and then and you have that damn ring right in your sensitive belly button all the freekin' time. 

I got mine done  3 years ago.  still love having it. Just make sure you keep it clean for the first several weeks so it does not get infected 

• Hypnos

Like any piercing the procedure is so quick that you don't really have time to anticipate the pain, at least in my experience. It's a pinch and then it's all over. As far as afterwards that's when I experienced the most difficulty, unfortunately my body rejected the piercing and I waited much too long to take it out so when I eventually did I was left with a scar. I still think it was worth it, I liked having a belly piercing it's just a shame it didn't work out. When it comes to aftercare, the piercer will usually suggest what they think is best to cater to the healing process but for me, and especially with a belly piercing, touch it as little as possible, use a sea salt spray while it's healing which is roughly 6 weeks depending on the person and spray it twice daily, once in the morning and once at night and wear loose clothing. No jeans, denim or high waisted clothes that touch the belly, that will for sure irritate the skin and potentially cause the body to reject the piercing or infect it, that was one mistake I made when I had mine which may have been a contributing factor to it rejecting in the end. Other then that, enjoy it! Belly piercings can be a lot of fun and having mine always made me feel sexier, especially in a bikini.

Sorry to be another person with a negative experience to report here but I ended up taking my navel piercing out after only a few months because I couldn't stand how it constantly got irritated from clothes that I wore, carrying something heavy against my stomach, etc. It was just a pain, honestly, and not worth the maintenance that it required to stay in good shape. I know other people have had more positive experiences with them, but sadly I wasn't one of them. :/

• Kyle

i have no interest in them.  and generally don't like them on women.