Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 4 weeks ago

Self harm on arm no STUPID answers?

I self harmed by making a deep cut in my forearm and now I can't make a fist with my hand should I see a doctor or go to the emergency department

NO STUPID ANSWERS

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes go to see an emergency doctor.  If you cannot make a fist, you may have injured a tendon or ligament in your arm.

• 4 weeks ago

If you can’t make a fist, you cut tendons, not nerves. They need to be repaired by ortho in the OR. The ER can’t repair that. If you have insurance call ortho ASAP. The ER will do first care such as a splint,  close skin if less than about 30 hours. etc.

Source(s): ER PA
  • 4 weeks ago

You could have cut a nerve

Call 911

• 4 weeks ago

Yes you should see two doctors. One to work on your arms and another to work on your head.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Emergency department:

-A lot of blood that is either pouring or spurting out of the wound (apply pressure with a towel and call an ambulance NOW)

-You have fainted, or you feel very faint with blurred vision 

Doctors appointment tomorrow: 

-Wound is no longer bleeding 

-You are not in considerable pain 

-Clean the wound with cold water and bandage to prevent any infection 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Moron.  Why waste medical resources?

• 4 weeks ago

i would go to the er and get some help for your issues

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If you cannot use your hand well, it may mean you caused permanent nerve damage. Go see a doctor immediately before things worsen. You could also have an infection, but the ONLY way to know exactly what's going on is to visit a medical professional.

• Linda
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

I think it was stupid for self harming yourself. Go to er and they will ask you what happened. When you tell them you self harmed yourself they will send you to a mental hospital for an assessment. Then the hospital will hold you for at least 72 hours as required by law. This is what will happen bc this happened with a relative. A doctor will send you to the er.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.